January 4th, 2012
As I embark on a new year, with a new set of goals and renewed motivation, I take a look back at the past year to see what I can learn from as well as what I can appreciate and be grateful for. 2011 was a great year in many aspects but I also know that I could have pushed myself harder.
Some Amazing things happened to me in 2011:
- The birth of my first child. This changed my life in more ways than I ever expected. I am grateful to have such a wonderful addition to my life.
- Lost about 30 pounds in 2011
- Ran in my first real fitness events
- Took up running and now I’m addicted
2011 was also the year of learning for me:
- Learned that I can push myself to wake up early and get a great workout in
- Learned that I
likelove running (even in the cold)
- Learned that being a father is really something special
- Learned that I can’t take any breaks if I really want to be healthy…gotta work at it every day
What I need to work on in 2012:
- I need to be more diligent in my eating. In 2011 I would get on a real nice eating streak and then cave for a week or so. I need to limit the amount of times I fall off the wagon
- I need to mix up my workout routine. Early 2011 I was all about lifting and didn’t do much else. Late 2011 I was all about running and didn’t do much else. I would like to mix it up and incorporate both
- I need to push myself harder and further than ever before. I want and need to be the best me
2011 was a great year but I know that 2012 will be even better. I am dedicated, motivated and willing to make it possible.